I DO.......Until Death Do Us Part

January 27, 2010

Really?? Until death do us part???
Yes really! We are in the process of making plans for a 65th wedding anniversary party for my in-laws. Now how many couples get to celebrate that milestone! We thought it was great when we did a 50th anniversary party for them 15 years ago but to be planning this one is the greatest. Congratulations Dale and Doris!!!

Marriage has changed so much in the past 50 years. We used to be younger, more carefree, less worldly and less stressed. We didn't worry about having our careers set, having financial security, having a multi$$$$ impressive wedding, or prenuptials in case things don't work out.

The Golden Wedding Anniversay.....how many marriages will make this milestone in America today. The Forest Institute of Professional Psychology predicts 50% of 1st marriages will end in divorce...67% of 2nd marriages....and 74% of 3rd marriages. Marriage is a committment between two people to give the best, live the best and do the best to show their love for one another. It is not an I or You relationship but rather a WE partnership.

Almost 41 years ago I married my best friend to be my life partner. We were young, carefree and probably a little naive but we grew together, took life's ups and downs and endured. We didn't give up what was important to us. Now we want to become that statistic that celebrates a Golden Anniversary like my parents and my in-laws did.

What a tribute to marriage it will be when the children, grandchildren and great grands share and experience 65 years of committment from such a great couple!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow....65 years!!! That's a lifetime for some people. I've now been married longer than I was single. I can't remember life without my best friend, my mate. Congrats to you and your husband for the 41 years you have had together. And to your in-lasw as well!

Liz

Anonymous said...

my parents recently celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary two months ago; what an accomplishment! i hope my husband and i can achieve that (without managing to kill each other first!). i wasn't really sure what to get them, but i wanted something unique and special. my friend had told me about gifts.com and when i looked at the site i found a wedding anniversary gift guide http://www.gifts.com/anniversary/anniversary-gift-guide it was extremely helpful! i thought maybe you'd want to take a look for the upcoming party